Friday, September 26, 2014

Goals and other thoughts

Goals are great. Goals are not so great.

They are great when you reach the goals you've set. They aren't so great when you don't.

I have told you all that I am using the Fitbit Flex to lose weight.
My goals for October is quite simply to do the below:
To workout 4 days a week.
Lose weight of course but really to be able to get into a pair of jeans that are currently rather snug without having to "suck it in".
Walk a track at least 3 days a week.

How am I going to do this? I am going to stick to my program. No, it's not a strict program where if I don't reach my goal then I will punish myself somehow. It is just a program that if I lose some then I celebrate that loss. If I gain some then I do better next time. I am not using this to put myself down. Notice how I worded my goals. So many others in that group put a number of pounds out there that they want to lose. That's great. That's awesome. I've done that to myself so many times in the past and then instead of losing the weight I gained that much of even more. I can't do that. I hate doing that to myself. So what am I doing? Well let me tell you what I've done this far.

One of the reasons that I love the fitbit is because it allows me to see how many calories that I've burned as opposed to how many I've consumed and if I've consumed enough calories. That balance is important because if you don't replace what you've burned or don't burn enough you can cause harm to your body.

So like for today, so far I've consumed 1176 calories and burned 1837 calories.  I am under budget for my calorie intake. This can be both a good thing and a bad thing. It's great if that's all I've eaten and was full. It's bad if that's all I've eaten and am still hungry. I've also walked a lot. The FitBit itself shows me how much of my goal I've met. Each light represents about 20% of my steps goal. So my daily steps goal is 10,000.

Take a look at the pictures below and see for yourself. Now of course these won't be accurate for very long today but you'll get the picture.
Dashboard:
 The Dashboard shows how many pounds I've set my weight goal for. What I like is that it isn't set by a date but by how much you want to lose, so I want to lose 11 pounds. Once I lose those then I will celebrate. The next picture (going from left to right) is the amount of calories that I've burned. The picture that has a fork and knife in a circle is how many calories I have left to consume for the day. The picture that has the word under on it is the gauge to tell you if you've burned or consumed the right number of calories. (See I'm under "goal".) The next is my water intake for the day. I'll have consumed over 64 ounces by the time I go to bed tonight. The picture below those two is my activity graph for the day. You can tell when I walked can't you? The next two are my number of miles walked and my number of steps taken. I like both of those numbers as my left knee is hurting some today. I'll still walk more though later to try to get closer to my 10,000 step goal. The other picture, the long one on the right side with the 6 dots that look like pictures are my friends in the community. They are there for encouragement and to keep me focused on my goal.

FitBit Flex Reading:
See what I mean by lights lighting up as you reach part of your goal? There are three lights lit up, so I've met 47% of my goal. The faster the last light blinks the closer you are to getting the next light to light up.

Anyway, Hope this helps someone.

YOU ARE LOVED! YOU ARE AWESOME! YOU ARE A MASTERPIECE!

No comments:

Post a Comment