Thursday, September 18, 2014

Time for Me, Time for You

What do you  make time for during your day? Do you make time for yourself? Something small even. My mom's is knitting. Mine is this blog or reading (or both). Others might not make the time for themselves like they should. Yes, even the guys need to make time for themselves. I know it's tough to get away from the family chaos and spend even 5 minutes on you but you have to do that in order for the time you spend on others and really be there. I've known this for a long time but am now beginning to see the good in taking even just 5 minutes on myself. I drive 45 minutes one way to work. What am I doing for those 45 minutes for myself? What can I do, I mean I'm driving right? I'm going 70 down I-12, what can I do for myself in that time frame? I usually have the radio on to K-Love and am singing along or mentally preparing for my day at work, or praying for the traffic to be light and for whatever else I feel the need to pray for.
Honestly, I used to look forward that time but now it's a hectic time for me. I need to refocus. I need to spend time on me so I can spend time on "you."
Even Christ took time by Himself and had His Disciples do the same. After Jesus fed the 5000, he went off by himself. The Disciples were crossing the lake for some time by themselves, however that was not to be. We have to be intentional in getting time for ourselves. Even if it is just 5 minutes a day!
Here is what God says to you:
Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: " I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."

1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.

John 15:9
As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment