Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Weakness or Strength

Some people walk around showing how strong they are. Others, whether they are aware of it or not, walk around showing how weak they are. I hope I show that I am strong but also week.
Am I crazy? A little bit, yes.
Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:10, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
God takes areas where we are weak and stands in the gaps to make us strong. We are supposed to help those who are weaker than us in areas.
There is an old saying, "Opposites attract." Well, it's true in magnets, as well as humans. You see, we are attracted to or want to be in the company of those who help us feel stronger or better about ourselves. That is how everyone of us start out, unfortunately that is not how we stay though. Things happen in life and we change.
Case in point:
I went off to a Christian college for my first semester of college. While at that college, I began dealing with depression. (Notice how that was phrased? I began...) I dealt with it by engaging in conversations that were not good for me. I even met a couple of the people that I talked with over the internet. Now, one wasn't so bad. The other though began to tear me apart and of course it was all under the guise that he was trying to help me meet a weight goal that meant nothing to him ultimately. That same man mistreated me to the point that I needed someone to step in, but no one did. No one saw what he was doing to me because he was sure to only really tear me down in private. My parents saw some of what he was doing but didn't see it all. I had no idea how to get out of the relationship. I wasn't strong enough to get out on my own until something drastic happened. (I will leave it at that.) He was opposite of me in so many ways. Our compatibility test said that we would be a good match.
It is never easy to see the weaknesses in ourselves. It is definitely never easy to have them pointed out to us. I began to realize however that there are some people out there who will point them out to help you learn how to become stronger in that area.
Those people are invaluable!
I firmly believe that God puts people like them into our lives to help us immensely.
I hope you all have an awesome weekend!
YOU ARE AWESOME. YOU ARE HIS MASTERPIECE. YOU ARE LOVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment